Anne's Fish Pie
Portion size: 10
4kg mashing potatoes, peeled and quartered
1600ml milk plus extra for mash
100g butter plus extra for mash
100g plain flour
16 spring onions or 4 leeks or 4 small onions - finely sliced
1.5 Kg fish - ideally mixed fresh and smoked fish and prawns
4 tsp mustard
8 good handfuls of frozen veg e.g. Petit Pois or Sweetcorn
4 handfuls grated cheese
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas mark 6.
2. Put potatoes into cold salted water. Bring to the boil and then simmer until tender.
3. When thoroughly cooked through, mash with milk and butter. Check seasoning and add S&P as required.
4. Meanwhile, cook the fish in the milk. When cooked, strain and reserve the milk. Skin and flake the fish as necessary.
5. Put the butter, flour and onions/leek in a pan, stir until butter melted. Cook 2 or 3 minutes. Whisk in the milk used to cook the fish and make a smooth bechamel sauce. Cook out the flour. Season with S&P and mustard. Add the veg being used.
6. Stir the fish into the sauce - try not to break it up too much.
7. Pour into ovenproof dish and top with the mashed potato.
8. Sprinkle the top with the cheese then bake for 20 - 25 mins until golden.
9. Cool completely then portion into dishes.
This should make enough for 10 x 2 person boxes.
'We are here to help'
The Nicholsons Centre,
King Street, Maidenhead.
Reg. Charity Number: 1142868
© 2020 by Foodshare