Portion size: 10
20 good quality Pork sausages
250 grms cubed pancetta
6 cloves garlic
1 teaspoon rosemary
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
600grms puy or green lentils
3pt chicken stock
2 x 400g chopped tomatoes
Salt & Pepper
1. Heat oil in large saucepan
2. Add pancetta and sausages and cook for 10 mins until browned and sticky.
3. Take out sausages and put on a plate.
4. Add chopped onions, carrots and garlic to the pancetta and continue to cook until onion has softened.
5. Return sausages to the pan, add rosemary, lentils, stock, vinegar and tomatoes
6. Bring to the boil and cook for 5 mins, check seasoning and add salt & pepper as required, then lower the heat and simmer for 45 mins, stirring every so often until the lentils are tender. This will work with green lentils as well but the texture may be a little softer. Important to taste as lentils can be very bland.
Please note that with this recipes you will only get one portion per container.
Updated by Anne Sandford